Tuesday, February 18, 2014

That Cheap Eyeshadow

You know that favorite lipgloss, nail polish or even that hair product that you've used for years? The ONE that looked best on you and then suddenly, one day you discover it's gone??? 

Oh my gosh! It's happened to me so many times. I think companies have a vendetta against my buying habits. How could that be? I'm a LOYAL customer!!! 


I've even had a certain perfume discontinued that was my signature fragrance! Then POOF, out of the blue...no longer available!


Well, it happened again! This time it was my favorite eyeshadow. I have bought this palette for years at my local Walgreens. Yes, WALGREENS! My favorite place to browse for hours. (That's another blog)





You can tell which shade is my favorite here. I've gotten every ounce of that third color. I've even broken the lid and lost the applicator. That third color is the one I use right under my eyebrow. It's the perfect color to brighten my eyes. 


Ok, let's be real here.... It actually makes my eyelids look less droopy and that my 40 something friends, is a good thing!


I've tried to replace this color with several other expensive brands but nothing ever worked.


I HAD TO FIND that cheap palette from Walgreens, darn it!


Thank goodness I could still barely read the back label enough to get the brand and the color code.





Finally, I used my noggin and googled it! 
I'll be darned! There it was! A website where I could order as many I as I wished! HA!

And so, I order multiples and guess what? I order an extra for one lucky person! Yep, someone else is going to enjoy a brand spankin' new Prestige Eyeshadow Palette called " FCE-01 Earthling".


To enter yourself, just comment what you too have NOT been able to replace because of it being discontinued. Oh the frustrations!!! I know they are endless!!! :)


The winner will be chosen and announced Thursday evening - 2/20/14.


Sharing the Love and the Eyeshadow,

Amy K





14 comments:

  1. Bath & Body had a scent called Wheat Berry which was the cleanest scent I had ever found. It's been gone for many years now but if I could get my hands on it, I'd still be using it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to use this Elizabeth Arden Matte Acne Complexion Control makeup (or it was something with a name like that!) It came in a tube, and you could buy it at all the major department stores, but they do not make it anymore. Bought another Arden product once, but it was no where near similar. Loved that makeup...gave you good, flawless coverage, that lasted pretty much, all day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! Cheryl your name was chosen for this giveaway! Please email your mailing address to amy@myTexastoday.com. Congratulations!

      Delete
    2. E-mail was sent your way with my address information. TY

      Delete
  3. How sweet of you!! It's so ding dang frustrating when whoever decides to discontinue a product or color. I agree that they must be tracking our shopping! Sally Hansen had a clear lip liner that would prevent any feathering and it was awesome! You could use other products over it with no problem. For those of us that are a bit more "mature", that product was a God send.

    Thank you for the opportunity to win this! I love make-up and new colors.
    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheryl Thomasson wins the eyeshadow! Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just now saw this....THANKS!!! Let me know how I need to get you my info :)

      Delete
  5. By any chance was your dad Robert Tilton?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do they make eyeshadow that covers up your hatred for the gay community?? You should buy that...

    ReplyDelete
  7. get off the air, you disingenuous sack of crap. you came to cook in a store with an overwhelmingly gay staff and you were an undercover homophobe all the time. cunt. you clearly have no tolerance for the free expression of others, and that makes you a bad american, a bad citizen, and a homophobic hypocritical bitch. i'm burning your lousy cookbook. there is no pain or punishment suitable for your despicable intolerant behavior. i hope your husband divorces you, your kids grow up to be gay and then disown you. i hope you end up alone, destitute, and grossly disfigured to match your ugly dark soul. those strippers should have dropped you on your ratty ass. also, your highlights are atrocious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't your father Robert Tilton, the TV preacher? You went to SMU with my wife. Glad to see you over came your past and are giving society something better than where you came from. Your father should be ashamed, but I doubt that's even possible.

    ReplyDelete