Thursday, July 25, 2013

Aloha pt. 1

If one goes to Hawaii, one must post their incredible pictures because the truth is, there's no bad day in Hawaii.

This is our family vacation. This is a dream vacation. I've been to Hawaii several times in my life and I never take it for granted. 

It's absolutely magical. 
It's paradise. 
It's one of my very favorite places to rest and be inspired.

from Maui....


Seriously, God lives here!!! My heart is full and thankful!




The kids began with scuba lessons.


They are much braver than their momma who hung up her hot pink diving gear years ago.




Their father on the other hand is an expert! He's a my brave Hawaiian hero! :)




This is their awesome scuba instructor, Jerry! He takes all kinds of celebrities diving like Adam Sandler, Steven Tyler and Dog the Bounty Hunter. If you ever want to go with an instructor, Jerry is the man!




We ventured on the road to Hana. We've heard lots about it. It's suppose to be a long, grueling drive that people "survive". We weren't up for that just yet, so we stopped a great place to hike called Twin Falls.




Anything that begins with a farm stand is my kinda place. 


But first, a pit stop! 


(the expression says it all!)



Anyway, back to the trail. 


1 mile to a mystery destination.




Along the way there's beautiful scenery like Hawaiian flowers.




A cave that makes you curious to crawl into. (but we chickened out)




Finally, you come upon large rocks with a stream.




Here's the deciding factor. Do you just run across in your running shoes like my oldest who is a gazelle and can walk on water? What a talented kid I have!





Or do you just give in and go IN the water with your running shoes like Bill who is NOT the most coordinated person in the world? (he knows his limitations) 





Or, do you play it safe and remove your running shoes to go barefooted like my daughter and I?




I'm here to tell you that is NOT smart! The pain of each step is NOT worth saving your already dirty running shoes. 



Slowly and gingerly I made it to the end where plenty of people ahead of me were enjoying the refreshing water. 




It was beautiful and definitely worth the journey. Just wear water shoes, running shoes, flip flops...anything to save your bare feet!

More great advice and pictures from Hawaii to follow later! :)

Aloha~
AK










No comments:

Post a Comment