Friday, July 12, 2013

packin' up

Well summer vacation is almost here...yay!!!

We are taking the kids to Hawaii. (Or as my Grandmother used to say in her Texas drawl..."Hawaya"!) 

It's a dream vacation that we've talked about doing for a long time and we are finally going. If you have never been, you MUST put it on your bucket list.

It's by far one of my favorite places in the world. Not that I've seen the world, but trust me...it's just amazing!

I pulled out my suitcase and clothing earlier this week because usually I wait until the final hours to throw everything into my suitcase thus totally stressing myself out. (I'm getting wiser in my old age)

And, I usually pack way too much but I tell ya...I'm a girl and I like options!!! You just never know what mood you'll be in on any given Thursday night, or Monday morning, or Sunday afternoon. Am I right? 




So, I've got lots of things pulled out to "consider" taking. By this weekend, I'll have it all narrowed down to the exact "chosen ones" going on this trip.





I'm doing something different this year. I'm going to take along this tiny suitcase just for my workout clothes. Yes, I work out on vacation! Why? 

I enjoy exercising in different places and I have to counter balance all the calories I plan on taking in. And besides, working out in Hawaii is wayyyy
better than working out at home so I plan on doing it everyday. In the end, that will be a lot of stinky clothes!

Here's one other thing I'm taking for sure.







Hawaiian Tropics Shimmer Effect lotion. It's great! It gives you moisture along with a slight shimmer. 

I bought one for me and one for you...or for whoever enters and is chosen for this giveaway. 

Comment below to enter yourself. I'de like to know what favorite thing you like to take on vacation. How many suitcases or bags do you usually take? Are you like me and like to have options? Do you exercise on vacation? Are you taking a family vacation this year? All of these are my questions to you! One lucky winner will be chosen and announced Saturday July 13,2013. 

Stay tuned to the blog as I plan on sharing beautiful pics and stories from our trip.

Aloha!

Amy K

9 comments:

  1. Shawn and I are going in January (whale season). We went to Maui a few years ago and will be going to Kauai this time. Hawaii is my heaven. I LOVE it. Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite item to take on vacation or even short trips is my body lotion. I take a BIG suite case because I like to have options too. I am leaving on the 21st to MA for a girls vacation. We are planning on going to the beach and doing a lot of site seeing. I think the walking will be my exercising. We are planning on a small family vacation in August when my girls are done with summer school. Hope you have a safe and fun trip.
    Thanks for all that you do.
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love traveling and try to...often! I take 1 bag usually and have some sort of color theme....depending on where I am going. Navys and Grays for UK/Corals and Bright Blue for Hawaii. We try to go to Hawaii at least every 2 years. We love it there...been to Big Island, Kauai, Oahu and Maui! When traveling with the family, we each take a bag and then take 1 family bag with hiking boots, swimsuits and outdoor gear (snorkels, etc...) We also leave room in that bag for souvenirs! In terms of exercising, in the UK it's lots of walking and in Hawaii it's hiking and swimming, we just try to stay "active" Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Jessica! Your name was chosen for the Hawaiian Tropic Shimmer Lotion!!! :) Please email your mailing address to amy@myTexastoday.com and we'll ship it off to you!

      Delete
  4. My husband and I met 6 years ago. He was stationed in Hawaii. I have never been. We want to renew our vows there with our children present. I want to do this on our 10th anniversary. I have my bucket list and that is on it. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We flew to Hawaii in November to celebrate our 40 th anniversary (a few months early!)
    We then cruised around the islands so we could see more of Hawaii. It was absolutely beautiful! Have an awesome time while you are there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to be in the water on vacation whether it's the beach, pool, or river..maybe even a hot tub. I usually take 3 bags, one suit case, one carry on, one misc. bag, but I always pack an empty bag in my suit case for any extras I come back with. We aren't taking a family vacay this year but we are now in planning stages for a trip to Disney World in the next few years after the youngest gets a little older. Thank you for this opportunity Amy! Enjoy your vacation to Hawaii!! It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hawaii - my dream! I had always wanted to go with my father as he just LOVED Hawaii! Maybe I will get there someday to see why he loved it so much. When I go on vacation I take almost everything! Way too much stuff as you never know what might come up! Have a great vacation Amy K.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The name chosen for the Hawaiian Tropic Shimmer Lotion is Jessica Hansen!!!

    ReplyDelete